Wednesday, October 6, 2010

9 months and counting


Hello Everyone!
So much has changed since my last post and I am still locked and loving it. : ) I stated in the beginning that this blog was a venue for me to document my passage to purpose and that the natural hair journey was a simple place for me to start. Simple yet Powerful. I am enjoying the locked journey. I see so much beauty in my hair, as it is. Natural, unrefined, pure...in a sense. And yet, my passage to purpose continues to unfold and to advance my life.

A few months ago, I found a small gathering of people in my equally small hometown, that studied "A Course In Miracles". God always presents us with our needs. While I was content with my station in life, I knew I had so much more to do. I am of the school of thought that we all make agreements with God and I know, I am no where near completing my agreements. So Mother/Father God sent me a friendly reminder with this group. Studying with "Unity of Claxton" really changed my life. The fellowship focused only on understanding the Course and living a life that reflected an honest understanding of the teachings of the Course. Hence the start of an integral part of my passage to purpose: the refinement of my spiritual life. I have always considered myself a spiritual outlier. Traditional religion never fit me. Metaphysics just makes sense to me. It makes me a better person and it compels me to live harmoniously with all.

In the short time that I fellowshiped with Unity of Claxton, I developed a healthier outlook on life, enhanced my relationships with family, friends, and co-workers and I even secured a new job in a city that I have longed to live in for years! I now have a greater understanding of the importance of consistency in your spiritual practice and the power that is unleashed when you "seek the kingdom of God" first.

No camera yet, so my pictoral documentation of the hair is delayed. Just know, I am planted squarely on my journey and I am at peace with the process.

Mother/Father God, Thank you for covering all my mistakes with forgiveness and grace. I am filled with gratitude for the way in which your love surrounds, enfolds and blankets me. Thank you for allowing people in my life that gently nudge me towards my highest and greatest good. And I ask that you use me to help others live a life that is pleasing in your sight. Thank you God, And So It Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment